2 for 1 floral card with Altenew Stencil Art: Playful Watercolor Flowers

Hello!

Thank you for stopping by. Today I am excited to be joining the Altenew Educators STENCIL STORIES Instagram Reel Hop. This hop is all about showcasing the versatility of stencils and I will be showing you how to add beautiful structure to your stencil work.

2 for 1 card with Altenew Stencil Art: Playful Watercolor Flowers

For these two cards I started out with a large piece of paper and the Playful Watercolor Flowers stencils. The flower cluster in the set is covering quite a big area - and even if it was not my original plan I ended up splitting the image in two making two standard size cards instead of one big. 

I started doing the inkblending using Altenew Mini Blending Brushes following (more or less) the stencil guide in the packaging. For the leaves I used colors from different color families; Limade and Olive from Spring Bouquet, Evergreen from Green Fields and Sea Glass and Ocean Waves from Cool Summer Night.

For the flowers I used a mix of Plum, Hydrangea and Cosmic Berry.

I allways play around with the different shades and inks to get both contrast and connection.

2 for 1 card with Altenew Stencil Art: Playful Watercolor Flowers

When done with the main motif I added some super light shades of greenery using scrap paper as mask and left over ink on my blending brush. I find that these light shadows give extra context and depth.

To add the extra structure I used the Mod Squares 3D Embossing Folder - one of my all time Altenew favorites. Because of the size of the paper I had to run it through twice - one time from the top and one time from the bottom. The paper size allowed an overlap for the second run-through and this way I got a beautiful joint and a continous pattern. 

I then cut my panel in two at an angle - so that each part would work well on a card front. 

2 for 1 card with Altenew Stencil Art: Playful Watercolor Flowers

I planned my two card fronts and stamped small sentiments on both cards using Obsidian Pigment Ink and several different stamp sets: 'You are my favourite' from Mini Delight: Expressions of the Heart, 'friend' from Build-a-Garden: Blossoming Freesia and the sentiment strip below is from Sentiment Strips Stamp Set.

I trimmed the panels and adhered them to my two card bases.

2 for 1 card with Altenew Stencil Art: Playful Watercolor Flowers

The cut edge of an embossed panel gets quite uneven. To hide this and to give the sentiments some support I added thin black cardstock strips along the edges.

2 for 1 card with Altenew Stencil Art: Playful Watercolor Flowers

Finally I added some white splatters (masking off the white area with the sentiments) - and matching enamel dots. 

I hope you enjoyed my cards! Please leave a comment and follow along to the Instagram Hop 👉🏻 @beritcreates

Thank you so much for visiting! 

Berit 

Please note: International friends can shop Altenew through my affiliate linkNorwegian customers can find a wide selection of Altenew products at papiria.no (links below).


Kommentarer